Saturday, March 15, 2008

The Beginnings

Well, here I am, sitting at Mug Shotz, sipping my favorite coffee in the world. Normally, this place has a bunch of college students in here, but it’s spring break this week, so it’s a pretty nice place just to sit back and reflect.

Speaking of reflection, I’ve been trying to figure out what I want to talk about first, and I can’t decide. Here’s a few of the things I want to tackle in the next few posts….

What the crap does “Missional” mean?
Gotta love that fake church language
What about us creative souls?
Gospel vs. Justice, the battle of the century
The origins of morality:
Where did all the real ones go?
Do you honestly think that?
Beauty—the beginnings of divinity
Life and Love and Why?
And many others to come!

Since I’m new to the whole blogging thing, it may take me a while before I get consistent, but I hope to get there in the future. If any of you know me, you know I love good conversations and honesty, and that’s what I hope to have here. I don’t want to simply have a place to rant and rave about my latest thoughts, but to share my thoughts in hopes of beginning a place to talk a/b the hard things. There are too many things left unsaid by those not bold enough to speak them in the dark.

That’s why I named my blog Truth in the Night. The quote at the top of the page is actually a quote from a photojournalist, an adventurer, a philosopher, and a lover, named Hunter S. Thompson. I find a lot of his writings on life to be pretty interesting and a sober look at the world that is so different than the little subculture I belong to.

So to wrap things up, I hope to post more in upcoming days. Thanks for visiting my blog! It’s a rough start, but I wanted to get at least the bare-bones minimum up to start with and as time goes on, change things up and develop the site. Hope you guys will enjoy!

1 comments :

  1. Lindsey.Beth said...

    me too!

    haha.

    Linds. <><