Saturday, March 15, 2008

Three Days Grace

three days pain reminds me
of what i chose to do
of who i chose to be
and what i chose to believe

three days empty and longing for more
a heart left broken
from words left unspoken
to the one who can take it all away

three days lying in the dirt and mire
reduced to dust
left to rust
in the gutter of the day

three days more and i'll be free again
three days now and i'm dead in sin
my head is numb
my heart is cold
to the things i knew
and spoke so bold

three days to realize
the things i hide
the pride inside
that wears away
what i once denied

it's been three days now
and i'm addicted still
to the coke, to the drugs
to the popping pills
of righteous tolerance
of religious ignorance

cause for three days now
i've sat in this place
looking endlessly for three days grace
when all i've found is pride and hate
the things of God, they desecrate

the things i knew no longer placate my hunger
the things i know no longer can make me younger
the life i lead and the words i've said
these worlds collide to leave me dead
my heart and soul collide as one
the ending verse at once begun

3 comments :

  1. Lindsey.Beth said...

    Did you write that?
    It's awesome regaurdless.

    Thanks for the comment. I agree. : ) And that's what I'll be doing for the next week! : )

    Linds. <><

  2. Anonymous said...

    This poem is definitely kickbutt. It puts an interesting perspective on an addict. Nice rhymes, Wes. lol

  3. annamarie said...

    that was amazing! i had no clue you could write poetry!